Habits To Help You Manage Time Better,
Avoid Stress & Boost Your Efficiency
Time management tips don’t have to be complex or complicated. Three of the most effective techniques to manage your time better are very simple – 1. make daily goals, 2. plan your day’s activity, and 3. maintain good health through exercise and nutrition. There’s nothing difficult or confusing about them, yet these powerful time management ideas can transform your work day.
1. Set Daily Goals
As a part of the overall Time Management Tao approach to getting more out of your day, setting the right goals and targets is an integral part of your time managing process. Worthy goals are the foundation for any meaningful accomplishment.
But those are higher level, long-term goals. Breaking them down into daily sub-goals can be a very productive time management exercise. Every morning it helps if you write down a list of 6 to 10 of your important goals. This helps your mind focus on these targets throughout your day, and easily filter out activities and distractions that are not directly relevant to them.
Write down your goals on a sheet of paper. There is a subliminal effect from actually writing them on paper with a pen or pencil, rather than reviewing them mentally, or even typing them on a computer screen.
When you jot them down, do it in the active present tense, as if you are carrying them out or seeing them come true “as we speak”. Doing this sends a message to your subconscious mind that these goals are achievable, are in the process of being reached, and that you are serious about attaining them. The synergy generated will actually make you more aware of opportunities and developments that can carry you to them faster.
2. Plan Your Daily Routine
Management is about setting priorities on the various tasks that you set yourself for the day. Time management tips are useful in prioritizing these tasks correctly, staying in alignment with your bigger goals.
At night before you go to bed, plan out the next day’s activities. This way you’ll give your brain a chance to mull over the tasks and figure out the optimal way to go about them in the morning.
When you begin work next day, get right to the most important task, and stay focused until it is completed. One of the Ming Vase Time Management guides, “How To Focus” can be of great help in showing you how to retain laser focus on the job at hand.
Setting limits on how much time you can devote to each task is a way to ensure that you get it done quickly, and avoids eating into precious time budgeted for other high priority tasks.
3. Get Exercise & Proper Nutrition
At first blush it might seem strange that exercise and nutrition would be listed among time management tips. But because everything else stems from maintaining good health, you’ll be able to get more done in less time if you are healthy and energetic.
Time management is a lifestyle. And health is an important component of that. By disciplining yourself to eat nutritious food and workout on a regular basis, you will generate more from your efforts, in lesser time.
These are just 3 time management tips that can transform your level of success and take you from being mediocre to reaching stellar heights in your work and career. There are many more tips and skills that will help you along the way. You can explore other sections of the Time Management Tao website to learn about them, and the three-pronged approach rooted in these principles:
- Find your center – know WHAT to do
- Understand your order – know HOW to do it
- Pick your timing – know WHO to use & WHEN
These are powerful time management tips which, when combined with a philosophy of aligning your biggest goals to your available time, can prove beyond any doubt that there is unlimited time at your disposal to achieve your greatest dreams.
For more information, updates and time management tips, subscribe to our free weekly email newsletter, the “Time Taozine”, by filling in the registration form below.
Explore Related Articles
- 5 Tips For Time Management That Deliver Results
- Simple & Easy Time Management Training That Helps You Find 3 Extra Hours In Your Busy Day
- Importance of Time Management
- Mere talk about importance of time management is of little use. What matters is execution.
- Time Management Daily
- If you work on your time management daily, you will naturally become better at efficiently handling the 24 hours we all have in our day.
- Stress Management Is Really Simple
- Even though stress management is a complex subject, it is actually easy to lower stress through managing time effectively. Here’s how.
- Want a Nice, Free Time Management Secret?
- Here you go. A free time management tip guaranteed to make you more productive and efficient.
- 2 Super Effective Time Management Tips And Techniques
- Looking for some effective time management tips and techniques? Here are two of the very best.
- Time Management Hints You Can Take To The Bank
- Want some time management hints you can cash in immediately? Ok. I’ll share a few with you. Here’s the first.
- 3 Shocking Time Management Facts To Jolt Your Productivity
- Some time management facts will astound and amaze you. Here are a few that’ll skyrocket your efficiency.
- Why Time And Money Management Are Critical To Your Success
- Time and money management are the two skills that can make or break your enterprise or business venture.
- Important Aspects of Time Management
- You must master several important aspects of time management in order to maximize your efficiency and avoid stress
- Important Time Management Questions
- There are many important time management questions you’ll ask yourself over the years you strive to improve your productivity.
- Effective Time Management Tips Free For You
- Everyone loves time management tips free. And even free tips from experienced time managers can transform how you manage your schedule and beat the clock.
- Practice Time Management Daily
- Practice makes perfect. That’s true about most things. And so if you work on your time management daily, you will naturally become better
- 2 Effective Time Management Tips
- Let’s talk about 2 effective time management tips that will transform your life and free up hours in your busy day to focus on other important activities.